This is what is on my mind today.
- I overheard a coworker talking about me to a few other people. Rather than viewing this as a personal attack, I see it for exactly what it is; a person who has little control over their own life and circumstances trying to appear dominant by belittling me behind my back. How sad
- I am really enjoying the Olympics this time around. In 2008 my full-blown anxiety made it impossible for me to watch without becoming emotionally invested–not to mention obsessive–about every sport I watched. Now I can just relax.
- I added more nail polish to my collection, and have decided that I need more storage. Or less nail polish.
- I’m on VACATION!!! My whole attitude toward work is simple: While I’m there I work as hard as I possibly can and devote my undying attention to it. When I’m not there I don’t even think about it.
- I am currently in my ‘Charismatic Christianity” book phase. Some I have enjoyed, some I think are a little spooky. But they’re always interesting.
- Canada hasn’t won a summer Olympic medal in a team sport since 1936. Well, they hadn’t until the Canadian women’s soccer team won the bronze. I am so proud of them
- Actually, I am proud of the entire Canadian Olympic team. They’ve been humble in victory, and gracious in defeat, and every single one has represented us well. Go Canada!
- I’m still laughing about Muffin referring to synchronized swimmers as ‘ducks’.
- Omnium sounds like a sport they’d play in the future.
- Watching the Olympics has inspired me to ramp up my workout routine. Exercising was so much easier when I had more energy.
That’s about all I can think of right now.