- Whomever made the decision to have me work on Labour Day. (Yes, I am in Canada and the ‘u’ is correct. Stop hassling me spell check.) Because I am a full-time employee, I get paid for the shift, plus one and a half times the wages I would have earned for the day. Yes, I have to work in a different department, but it is one I am very familiar with so it’s going to be fun.
- I am thankful that I have parents who make me accountable for my actions. I can never get away with being overly critical or judgmental because I know my mother will call me on it. I used to get annoyed with her when she pointed out my whiny, hyper-critical tendencies, but now I’m grateful because it has made me look for strengths in people instead of picking at their flaws.
- I am thankful for the gift of sight. I am nearsighted in my right eye, and I haven’t worn contacts in 3 years because the strength of my left eye made up the difference. I am planning to get my driver’s licence (finally) and I figured that I wouldn’t be able to do it if I couldn’t see properly. Ordering a stylish pair of glasses is step 1 in my year-end goal of receiving my learner’s permit.
- Speaking of goals, I am grateful to have finally set up a real savings account so I can keep better track of my finances. My goal is to put myself through university–without having to borrow from anyone, and I am on track to do that thanks to some wise counsel from a friend.
- I am thankful for my big brother. He is a great guy who can find the humour in almost any situation. He was (and is) also the best bodyguard, mentor, and friend a little sister can have in human form.
- Thank God I realized early that I wasn’t cut out to be a ballerina. First of all, I am only 5 feet tall with bad ballet feet. I am also about as graceful as a dancing rhino and I just don’t like dance enough to devote my entire life to it. However, I don’t mind devoting time to watch people dance because it is truly a beautiful art. (The preceding message was brought to you by my spending all day yesterday watching Swan Lake)
- I am thankful for my church family. I have met a lot of wonderful people there and I look forward to seeing them every week.
- I am thankful for the power of forgiveness. By refusing to hold a grudge, I have been freed from a lot of unnecessary turmoil.
- I am thankful for fitness. I am now at the stage where I know for a fact that I can’t eat whatever I want without doing something to work it off. I refuse to become a couch potato.
- I am thankful that God made me an introvert. I may not be as engaging or charismatic as my more extroverted friends, but I am an excellent listener, I notice a lot of things other people are unaware of because I observe everything, and I’m comfortable with or without people around me.
Fall=New Cosmetic Lines. I like new cosmetic lines.
Have a wonderful and safe holiday! I’ll be working