- The sun. Last summer all I did was complain about how cold and rainy it was. This year? It’s uncharacteristically hot and sunny. Yes, the crops need rain…but the sun is wonderful.
- My e-reader. My mother bought me a Kobo for my birthday, and I haven’t gone a day without it since. It makes waiting so much better! (It also helps me finish books a lot quicker.)
- The debut of fall make-up lines. I know, I know, this is really shallow. But, new make-up lines=new nail polish, new nail polish=more colours to add to my collection. 🙂
- Music! This week’s discoveries; Steed Lord, The Glitch Mob, and Deadmau5. (Oh, and what Baby-Doll refers to as “Jesus music”–A.K.A. Gospel)
- Peace. I used to pray all the time for God to change my situation. Instead, I was given the gift of peace to make it through whatever life has in store for me–without losing my calm.
- Revelation. What I learned this week: The message of Christianity is a simple one; love God, and love others as we love ourselves. Anyone who’s preaching anything else has an agenda. (After all, love covers a multitude of wrongs. If the message isn’t love, it’s wrong.)
- My job. My profession is one of the more physically challenging ones in the store, but there are a lot of perks; I get to meditate while I’m taking out the trash, I haven’t needed a gym membership in 5 years because I do so much lifting and running around, and every once in a while, publishers give us advance reader copies to review.
- Cold drinks. I love tea, but there’s nothing like drinking an ice cold glass of lemonade on a sweltering hot day.
- Family. I can’t thank my family enough. They are lovely and amazing people, and I am extremely blessed to have them.
- The show Eat St. I love food, I love brightly coloured trucks. Eat St. combines them both in a great way…and it makes me want to visit every single food truck they feature.
Gratitude is a good thing 😀