This is going to be a permanent feature on this blog because I get too anxious when I try to centre posts around specific things. (And an anxious Erie is helpful to no one)
Today, and every Thursday, I am going to write whatever comes to my head–good, bad, or ugly. I’m going to warn you now that the grammar is probably going to be bad.
Oh wait…you already know that 😛
Anyway, this is what is on my mind today;
1. I recently finished a book called The Reluctant Prophet , and now I want to rescue some people. On a motorcycle.
2. I’m seriously considering getting a second job to a) pay for my education, b) earn enough money to support all the people I want to help, and c) add more nail polish to my collection. (Well, they couldn’t all be practical :P)
3. I think my personality makes it impossible for people to know me really well. My co-workers don’t know me at all–even the ones I’ve worked with for years, and my best friend is still finding out new things about me.
4. I’ve been dropping “truth bombs” (or random moments of constructive criticism) all week. My family and friends love it, my coworkers are not amused.
5. The more I see of the modern-day church, the more I think we’re missing the point. I am seeing a lot of attention being paid to what are considered big issues (i.e. gay marriage, abortion etc…) To me there is no bigger issue than poverty, because it has the ability to negatively affect multiple sectors of society. But somehow two men marrying each other is more of a threat than poor and disenfranchised people with no options.
6. I’m not an outwardly cheerful person, but I’m joyful. Each day I wake up with something to look forward to, and I truly am enjoying my life.
7. Am I the only one who wishes the Olympics would go back to the old school athlete-against-athlete format? The “nation against nation” thing is a little stale.
8. I’m getting into strength training again because my goal is to be able to lift a 100 pound pallet without assistance. I can do it!
…and that’s all I can think of for now.
Have a great day!