- The Olympics. I enjoy watching the athletes compete, but what makes the Olympic special is how it brings people of different nations together.
- My Mom. Every day I find more to love about her. She’s an awesome woman, and I want to be like her when I grow up. 😀
- Earl Grey Moonlight Tea from Tealux. A smoother, more delicate version of the old classic and by far my personal favourite.
- Emeli Sandè. Her voice is astounding, she is beautiful, and she also is unbelievably humble and well-adjusted. Her song “Heaven” is one of the most-played songs on my iPod. (Also, her rendition of “Abide With Me” was stunning.)
- Solitude. I’ve done a very good job of convincing others I’m sociable, but I have spent this entire day by myself…and I loved every minute of it.
- Baby-Doll. I love my nephews and niece equally, but Baby-Doll and I have a special bond. She’s a kind, sensitive, and feisty soul, and I love spending time with her.
- Wisdom. I am nowhere near where I need to be, but each day I grow stronger, more accepting, and more capable than I was the day before. Even my mistakes are helpful. With every error I make I learn something new.
- The Bible. Its words have been misinterpreted, misused, and abused for centuries. Yet, each time I read it, the same message rings loud and clear; Love God, love others, and take care of those who are less fortunate. Every other commandment stems from these three rules.
- Life. As trite as this may sound, to be alive is truly a blessing. In spite of any setbacks, I am truly enjoying my life and I’m excited to see what’s next.
- Sleep. I suffered from insomnia for 15 years, so I place a high value on rest because I know how difficult it is to live without it.
Photo of The Week: 26 Shades of Gold.