- I’m a workaholic. I’m just now learning how to curb my incessant need to work at full speed all the time, but in the past, I’ve quoted Gordon Gekko (the villain from Wall Street) whenever I’ve been asked why I take so few breaks. “Lunch is for wimps”.
- I’m a Christian. For those of you who have been reading for a while, this comes as no surprise. I’ve mentioned my relationship with God in several posts, and I’m not ashamed of my beliefs. I’m not one to look down on anyone who disagrees with me, but I also acknowledge that I wouldn’t be nearly as peaceful without God.
- I am an introvert. In 9th grade, everyone was given a multiple choice test to determine their temperament, and which careers would be most suitable. I found out that my type is INFJ and that I am most comfortable with jobs that either enable me to connect with people one-on-one, or ones that I get to do alone.
- I am also a loner. I have a few close friends and lots of acquaintances, but I’m one of those rare birds that do not need a crowd of adoring people around me in order to feel secure. From the beginning, I’ve been most at home when I am alone in a crowd, quietly observing.
- I hate shopping. My best friend and I rarely go to the mall together because she knows I’ll get bored around the two hour mark and sit down and read until she’s done.
- My parents were both activists for civil rights, social justice, and, in the case of my mother, women’s rights. To say I have revolutionary DNA would be an understatement.
- I’m a princess. I don’t have royal lineage (that I know of), but I have enough respect for myself not to accept any mistreatment. I have no qualms about letting a person know when they’ve stepped over the line.
- I’m outspoken to a fault. I have no problem with expressing my opinions, especially when I believe I am right. (Hint: I almost always believe I am right.)
- I have more nail polish than most salons. I used to think I was the only oddball who collected nail polish, but I was wrong. There are thousands of us, and we are all on a first name basis with the people at beauty supply stores because we’re there so often.
- I am fiercely loyal to my friends. I will stand up for any of my friends unless their behavior is a danger to either them, or someone else.
- I don’t give up. I love a good challenge, so if I face opposition, I’d rather stay and fight against it than quit.
- I’m not reactive. The event has to be completely over the top to get me to react in a really outlandish way. I’m not emotional. I don’t get angry easily (if at all), and I can let a lot of things roll off my back without giving them a second thought.
- I really like to talk about myself. Obviously.
- I am truly grateful for everything I have. In 2010, I was in a car accident that should have killed me. The air-bags didn’t deploy, and the car was so wrecked that it was barely recognizable. I walked away with whiplash, and that’s about it. After that, I made a vow to stop whining about everything because I was so thankful to be alive.
- I don’t really have any use for what anyone thinks of me. I am who I am. I’m not going to throw myself a party because of my greatness, but I’m not going to dig a pit and wallow because of my negative traits either. I’m imperfect, but I’m okay with it. I’m not interested in impressing anyone else, and no one should live to impress me. We’re all wonderful, and totally flawed.
That’s all I could think of for now. (And really, I think that’s enough :wink:)
Have a great evening!