If you have been following this blog for any length of time, you will find that I talk/write about myself. A lot. So in the spirit of over-sharing, here are more random off-the cuff facts about me.
- My MBTI type is INFJ, with introverted intuition as my dominant cognitive function. In a nutshell, that means that I am more reserved than outgoing. I trust my instincts over tangible evidence such as how a situation appears. I am prone to view issues according to a person’s motives rather than on logic, and I value the addition of a set structure and a concrete plan over flexibility. (In other words, I’m a moody know-it-all, who is passionate, paranoid, and fussy.) As I get older, my tertiary cognitive function (Introverted thinking) increases, so I am a lot more logical (and less Emo) than I used to be. (My inferior function is extroverted sensing. This is so not me.)
- I collect nail polish. I have no idea how many bottles I have because I stopped counting when I reached 400. (That was more than 3 years ago.) The most valuable colour in my collection is Clarins #230, which is currently listed at $72.95 US on eBay.
- I have been a Christian since I was 13. I made the decision to follow Christ after I had a vision (hallucination?) in which I watched everyone in my family ascend to heaven except me. I had a brief moment in time when I became an atheist, but in the end, I decided that it wasn’t my thing. I’m a Jesus girl.
- I spent a good portion of my childhood touring Eastern Canada with the band my parents were in. It was a fun way to grow up, and I still miss being on the road.
- I can always tell when a person is lying. Always. I can’t explain how. It’s a gift. (If a person is consistently dishonest with me, I don’t trust them anymore.)
- I don’t listen to a lot of hip-hop. Well, not anymore. Between the lyrical content, and the generic, “everyone-sounds-the-same” beats, I can’t listen to it without cringing.
- I am Pro-Life. I am pro-life, not in the sense that I claim to value human life while simultaneously denying other people the rights they are entitled as human beings. I am not hypocritically defending the rights of a fetus while trying to strip the rights away from immigrants, LGBT people, poor people, and anyone who does not agree with me, either ideologically or politically. When I say I am pro-life, it means that I am pro-LIFE. All of it. For all people. I do not know what is best for anyone else, so I am not going to impose my views on other people. Including what a person can or cannot do with his or her body. It is not up to me to enforce.
- I had dysthymia from the time I was 14 until I was 30. It almost ruined my life, but I fought back and won, and if what I went through can help someone in a similar situation, then it wasn’t in vain. Depression is a liar.
- I don’t hold grudges. Actually, I always forget why I’m angry with the person and start talking to them as though nothing happened.
- I like watching the news, listening to the news, and reading the news.
- My guilty pleasure show is TMZ. I care nothing about the celebrity gossip. I just like to watch the staff pick on each other. (And Harvey)
That’s all I could think of for now.