I haven’t written a post in a while. No, scratch that. I have written many posts. I just don’t like any of them enough to click “publish”. I will most likely re-read them in a month and decide that they are all amazing. (Not likely, but I’m hopeful) Until then, I am going to write about myself because it’s easy for me to do so.
1. I “borrowed” the title of this post from an unknown writer who is more clever than I am. It has nothing to do with what I’m writing about, but I thought it sounded cool.
2. I like puns.
3. Satire is my favourite type of humour because I like to use sarcasm and ridicule to draw attention to things that are not necessarily funny.
4. It is easy for me to be kind to people that I do not like because I have a genuine interest in people, as well as an eagerness to connect with them, regardless of how repugnant they may seem. (I don’t need a hidden agenda to treat people with kindness, thanks to my lovely parents) On the flip side, it is also easy for me to ignore a person I don’t like. If I am kind to someone, it is real. If I am not kind to someone, it is also real.
5. I am a born optimist. (My blood type is B positive.)
6. People told me that I “sounded white” for most of my life, and I still don’t know what that means. For the record, my parents both went to college. My Grampy did not finish elementary school, but he was an eloquent speaker. I sound like the people who taught me how to speak, none of whom are white.
7. I was initially reluctant to teach Sunday school, but now talking to my class about God is one of my favourite things to do.
8. I am more productive when I’m angry than I am when I am calm. When I am angry, I just throw myself into my work to keep myself from thinking about what upset me. When I’m calm, I slow down.
9. When I get writer’s block, I usually write through it…and then hate everything I write.
10. I am only on Facebook to connect with friends and family who live far away, and the majority of the people on my ‘Friends’ list are relatives.
11. I did not like children until my eldest nephew was born.
12. I love being an introvert because whatever is going on in my head is always amusing.
I may delete this soon.